When your patient presents with an Achilles tendon rupture, what is the best way to manage and rehabilitate it? This webinar with Dr Seth O'Neill will help novice and experienced therapists explore the important aspects of rehabilitation, improving your clinical examination, rehabilitation methods, knowledge base and clinical confidence, ultimately this will improve patient clinical outcomes.
This webinar with Dr Seth O'Neill explores:
- When can rehab start?
- What should your rehab include?
- What weight bearing should be allowed?
- What early rehab exercises can you utilise?
- When can the boot be removed?
- Common conservative and surgical complications
- How to avoid common complications
- Strength and functional outcomes
- Exercise progressions
- Important rehab components to include
- What your treatment NEEDS to avoid
- How to address psychosocial factors
- What criteria do your patients need to meet before running?
- Jumping assessment
- How to progress and when to return to play and return to sport
- Sports specific retraining
This webinar follows on from "Achilles tendon ruptures" part 1 with Dr Seth O'Neill, that you can watch free HERE