We all want to be the best clinicians possible, and whether we’re solving tough clinical problems with confidence, or mastering specialist level skills and knowledge, we need to be on top of our game.
With the pressures of busy lifestyles and work, how do you ensure you can keep your skills and knowledge up to date to be a great clinician? How do you maintain the spark, passion and confidence for what you do?
Over the past 20+ years of clinical experience and training Simon Olivotto successfully completed a Bachelor of Applied Science Physiotherapy (Hons), Postgraduate Masters of Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy and two year intensive Physiotherapy Specialisation training and examination process to ultimately become a Specialist Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist (FACP).
In this presentation, Simon Olivotto will share strategies he’s used to develop his knowledge and skills to become a Specialist Physio, with practical tips that will supercharge your career development to become the confident, respected and knowledgeable master clinician you have always aspired to be.
You’ll discover how to:
- Get the most out of your CPD even when you’re really busy.
- Find the motivation, spark and passion for developing your skills.
- Choose the best courses and avoid the useless ones.
- Retain, apply and grow your newly attained knowledge from CPD.
- Find effective CPD options other than courses.
- Keep up with the ever evolving research literature.
- Use the secret strategies and habits of expert clinicians.
- Supercharge your career.
- Adopt a growth mindset, and use failure and disappointment to set you up for future success.
- Plan and deliver a kick-ass inservice that will engage and motivate your team.
- Find a great mentor.
- Become a great mentor and teacher whatever stage of your career you’re in.