Dry Needling has become incredibly popular in Physiotherapy recently. Is dry needling really the way forward for Physios?
In this podcast I chat with Andrew Hutton of Integrated Dry Needling, presenter of the Sports Integrated Dry Needling Level 1 and Level 2 courses for Clinical Edge, and we discuss dry needling and whether it complements regular Physio treatment.
Some of the topics we cover include
- What are the different styles of dry needling?
- How can dry needling be used in sporting populations?
- How to know immediately if your needling has been effective
- What is the evidence for dry needling
- Studies show decreased ROM with needling, is it possible to improve ROM with dry needling
- How does changing ROM actually relate to a patient’s pain?
- Some clinical scenarios where dry needling could be incorporated
Links of interest