Barefoot running has been sweeping the globe in the last few years, and as a Physio, which of your patients are best suited to this type of running technique. How does running technique relate to a runner’s pain and dysfunction, and really, what is the ideal running technique?
In this podcast with Blaise Dubois – a Physiotherapist with a clinic, website and courses devoted to helping runners and Physiotherapists that treat runners, we chat about these topics, as well as:
- Running assessment
- Biomechanics of running
- Improving running technique and performance
- Which patients should change their running technique
- Barefoot running
- Heelstrike and landing
- Current evidence on running technique
- Injury prevention in runners
- Downhill running technique
- Footwear for running
- Improving running in patients with pathology eg Achilles Tendinopathy
- Blaise has also been kind enough to provide a PDF handout to go along with this podcast, which is available for free download.
Links of interest