Are eccentric exercises useful in subacromial shoulder pain rehab? When shoulder pain rehab has stalled, and patients aren’t improving, will eccentric exercises help? Are eccentric exercises the missing component in successful rehab programs for recalcitrant shoulder pain?
Find out in this discussion with Jo Gibson (Clinical Physiotherapy Specialist). Also discover:
- Should eccentric exercises be included in shoulder rehab programs?
- What does the research reveal about eccentric shoulder exercises?
- How can the research be applied and adapted clinically with shoulder pain patients?
- If eccentric exercises are helpful, which exercises should patients use?
- When and how often should eccentric exercises be performed?
- Are eccentric exercises helpful in acute shoulder pain?
- How long does shoulder pain normally take to recover from?
- How can gym programs be adapted to allow shoulder pain to recover while patients continue training or exercising?
- How many exercises should be included in shoulder pain rehab programs?
Free webinar “5 common mistakes therapists make with shoulder pain, and what to do about them” with Jo Gibson
Register now for the free webinar "5 common mistakes therapists make with shoulder pain, and what to do about them" with Jo Gibson (Upper Limb Specialist Physio)
Frozen and stiff shoulder assessment & treatment with Jo Gibson
Shoulder: Steps to Success online course with Jo Gibson
Improve your assessment and treatment of shoulder pain with the Shoulder: Steps to Success online course with Jo Gibson, now available for enrolment at clinicaledge.co/shouldersuccess
Links associated with this episode:
- Improve your assessment and treatment of frozen and stiff shoulders now with Jo Gibson’s online course at clinicaledge.co/frozenshoulder
- Improve your shoulder assessment & treatment with the Shoulder: Steps to Success online course with Jo Gibson
- Improve your confidence and clinical reasoning with a free trial Clinical Edge membership
- Join Jo Gibson live on Facebook & ask your shoulder related questions every Monday
- Download and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes
- Download the podcast now using the best podcast app currently in existence - Overcast
- Listen to the podcast on Spotify
- Jo Gibson on Twitter
- Let David know what you liked about this podcast on Twitter
- Review the podcast on iTunes
- Infographics by Clinical Edge