When your female patient has shoulder pain, how can you identify if the cause is musculoskeletal, or related to women’s health issues? Find out in this video/podcast with Jo Gibson (Clinical Physiotherapy Specialist). You’ll explore two separate case studies of female shoulder pain patients with different diagnoses, that’ll help you discover:
- Which female reproductive issues can cause shoulder pain?
- How can you differentiate musculoskeletal and non-musculoskeletal causes of shoulder pain?
- Is pain at different stages of the menstrual cycle really just “hormones”?
- What questions can you ask your patients to help guide your diagnosis?
- What is the typical history of patients with shoulder pain related to women’s health?
- If patients wake with acute shoulder pain, what are the potential musculoskeletal and non-musculoskeletal diagnoses?
For free video series covering assessment & diagnosis of acute shoulder pain and stiff shoulders head over to clinicaledge.co/shoulder
Links associated with this episode:
- Accurately assess, diagnose & treat stiff shoulders, including frozen shoulder, with this free videos series from Jo Gibson (Clinical Physiotherapy Specialist)
- Improve your acute shoulder pain diagnosis with 3 free videos from Jo Gibson
- Improve your confidence and clinical reasoning with a free trial Clinical Edge membership
- Join Jo Gibson live on Facebook & ask your shoulder related questions every Monday
- Download and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes
- Download the podcast now using the best podcast app currently in existence - Overcast
- Listen to the podcast on Spotify
- Jo Gibson on Twitter
- Let David know what you liked about this podcast on Twitter
- Review the podcast on iTunes
- Infographics by Clinical Edge