Hamstrings are one of the more frequently injured muscles in sportspeople, and in this episode, Alison and I discuss hamstring tendinopathy, symptoms, assessment and treatment of this common condition.
Some of the aspects we explore in this podcast are:
- Subjective clues that someone may have a Hamstring Tendinopathy
- Differentiating Hamstring Tendinopathy from pain of Lumbar origin
- Assessment of the hamstring
- Tests to confirm or rule out a Hamstring Tendinopathy
- Advice for patients
- Deep hip muscle activation
- Keys to a successful treatment program a whole lot more
There is currently limited research around the area of hamstring tendinopathy, and Alison’s tips and insights are based on this evidence base as well as her clinical experience.
I hope you enjoy it!
Links of interest
Get great legs by subscribing to the podcast in iTunes
Give the Physio Edge podcast a review in iTunes
Dr Alison Grimaldi
Dr Alison Grimaldi’s Publications
University of Queensland
Have you subscribed to the Podcast in iTunes yet?
Acute Hamstring Tears – Online education for Physiotherapists for Clinical Edge members
Become a Clinical Edge member