How can you reduce the chance of sporting injury? What are the most useful recovery aids from games and training? When are injections helpful in injury recovery?
In episode 17 of the Physio Edge podcast, Dr Peter Brukner, fresh from working with Liverpool Football Club in the EPL, co-author of Clinical Sports Medicine with Dr Karim Khan, and author of many other publications discusses with David Pope the management of sporting teams, injury reduction, prevention, recovery and a multitude of other topics, including:
- ACL Injury Prevention
- Hamstring Injury Prevention
- Strength training vs Specific strengthening
- Player load management
- Recovery from tendinopathy
- The role of injections, including PRP, Cortisone and Orthokine
- Player screening
- Player game recovery and more.