Dr Kieran O’Sullivan is back on the Physio Edge podcast after talking previously about hamstring injuries, this time discussing his other big area of interest and expertise – chronic low back pain (CLBP).
In this episode, Kieran and David Pope discuss
- Recent research on chronic low back pain
- Central vs peripheral contributions to CLBP
- Sitting postures and behaviours, and the relationship of this to pain
- Is there an ideal sitting posture, and does changing sitting behaviour change CLBP?
- Manual therapy in CLBP
- Lumbar kyhposis/lordosis
- Physical and psychological interventions for CLBP
- The effect of exercise on CLBP
- Movement patterns and retraining in chronic pain states
- The challenges of talking to patients about chronic pain states
Links of Interest