Tendinopathies are a hot topic, and there are lots of new developments in research and treatment. Dr Peter Malliaras, a Physiotherapist with a PhD studying tendinopathy, has a special interest in the treatment of tendinopathy, and treats elite basketball and volleyball, EPL football, rugby, and cricket players, the Royal Ballet and track and field athletes. Peter has also published numerous studies on tendinopathy.
In this episode of the Physio Edge podcast, Peter and David Pope discuss
- The latest research on tendinopathy
- Different types of loading programs for tendinopathy
- Outcomes for various types of loading
- Tendinopathy on Doppler Ultrasound or other imaging, and what changes with a loading program
- The tendon pathology continuum by Dr Jill Cook and Craig Purdham
- Mid portion Achilles tendinopathy
- Insertional Achilles treatment
- Patellar tendinopathy treatment, and a loading program for this that may challenge your preconceptions!
- Biomechanics contributing to tendinopathy
- Return to sport following tendinopathy
- Injury reduction/prevention
Links of Interest