Patellofemoral joint pain (PFJP) is very common in adolescents, and in the Physio Edge podcast episode 39, I discuss causes, assessment and treatment with the author of numerous studies on PFJP in Adolescents, Dr Michael Rathleff.
You will explore:
- Different types/groups of Adolescents that suffer with PFJP
- Common reasons for failure of Physiotherapy
- Diagnosis and DDx of PFJP
- Examination of the knee
- Treatment of PFJP
- How to tailor and progress your exercise programs
- The use of orthotics
- The usefulness of stretching
- Prognosis & predictors of recovery
- and more.
Dr Michael Rathleff also provided great insights into Loading Programs for Plantar Fasciopathy on the Physio Edge podcast episode 38, also well worth a listen if you haven’t already.
Links of interest
Download your free handout on Patellofemoral Pain in Adolescents to go along with this podcast
Other related Physio Edge podcasts: