Helping our running patients recover and return to running following injury is our primary rehab priority, however we may also have the opportunity to help improve their running performance. Runners are often motivated by improving their speed, performance and times, and incorporating these goals into their rehab can increase motivation and exercise compliance. How then can we help our patients to improve their performance when returning from an injury? Find out in this episode of the Physio Edge podcast with Tom Goom
You will also discover:
- Why consider performance?
- How might we assess performance in a more scientific way?
- What are the benefits of performance tests?
- How can we link it to other aspects e.g. gait analysis?
- How does performance influence training structure and progression?
- How do we optimise performance in injured athletes?
Links of Interest
- Download your free podcast handout on advanced performance tests & optimising performance in runners
- Enrol on the free webinar "How to perform a running assessment" with Dr Rich Willy
- Tom Goom on Twitter
- Connect with David Pope on Twitter
- Review the podcast on iTunes
- Like the podcast on Facebook
- Get your free trial Clinical Edge membership
- Tom Goom's website & courses
- Tom on Facebook Live