How can you manage lower limb tendinopathy in your patients that like to run? Can runners with medial tibial stress syndrome (MTSS) continue to run? Can patients with high BMI or following total hip replacement run?
- How can you manage post-run morning stiffness?
- What are the important aspects when managing load?
- How can you treat Achilles tendinopathy patients with decreasing tolerance to running and walking, and increasing pain?
- Differential diagnosis for Achilles pain
- Proximal hamstring tendinopathy
- What exercises can be used?
- Is a feeling of tightness normal, and how can this be addressed?
- Are stretches helpful?
- When can deadlifts and Romanian deadlifts (RDL's) be used?
- Patellar tendinopathy - how can you manage a runner that is not willing to decrease running volume even temporarily?
- Peroneal tendinopathy
- Running vs rest in female distance runners with chronic hamstring origin injuries
- Patellar tendinopathy
- Medial tibial stress syndrome (MTSS)/Shin splints treatment
- Working at marathons or running events - How can you help your runners with ITBS or PFP finish a race?
- Can runners return to running following total hip replacement?
- Is running harmful for patients with high body mass index (BMI) when they want to reduce weight?
Links associated with this episode:
- Submit questions for the Physio Edge podcast
- Twitter - @tomgoom
- Let David Pope know what you liked about this podcast on Twitter
- Review the podcast on iTunes
- Like the podcast on Facebook
- Infographics by Clinical Edge
Other episodes of interest:
- Physio Edge 083 Running gait retraining, strengthening, glutes & ITB syndrome. Q&A with Tom Goom
- Physio Edge 082 Achilles tendinopathy treatment - the latest research with Dr Seth O'Neill
- Physio Edge 076 Footwear advice for running injuries with Tom Goom
- Physio Edge 075 Tendinopathy, imaging and diagnosis with Dr Sean Docking
- Physio Edge 068 Lower limb tendinopathy loading, running and rehab with Dr Peter Malliaras
- Physio Edge 042 Treatment of Plantaris & Achilles Tendinopathy with Dr Seth O'Neill
- Physio Edge 041 Plantaris Involvement In Achilles Tendinopathy With Dr Christoph Spang
To improve your skills and results with low back pain patients, CLICK HERE for your free access to 3 videos with Tom Goom on "How to assess low back pain in runners and athletes"