In Running from Injury part 2, Dr Rich Willy will help you assess and retrain running in your patients with achilles tendinopathy, patellofemoral joint pain, ITB Syndrome and stress fractures. We explore the latest evidence and how it will help you address pain and injuries related to running.
You will discover:
- Treadmill or overground running assessments?
- Gait retraining for particular musculoskeletal conditions
- How to provide your patients with the individual running cue they need
- What cadence should we be aiming at for runners (hint: it may not be what you expect!)
- Is heel strike important to assess
- Running assessment from the side
- Important factors when treating runners with PFJP
- Running assessment & retraining for achilles tendinopathy
- Factors involved in ITB Syndrom
- When are orthotics useful
You can download the handout to go along with this podcast to help you perform a running assessment, retrain runners and address achilles tendinopathy, knee pain and tibial stress injuries.
Links mentioned in this episode
Other Physio Edge podcasts related to running injuries